Version 6.5.4 August, 2020
The LexEVS 6.5.4 Functionality Overview lays out everything that can be done from a developer's or ontologist's point of view.
API's, Installation, and Downloads
LexEVS offers both a regular java api and a somewhat more limited remote method invocation java api that runs on the Tomcat application server. Additionally, it runs behind the CTS2 REST Services. It currently uses the MySQL database as as its datastore.
The installation overview provides an introduction to the different environments that can be installed. Refer to the LexEVS 6.x Installation Guide for more information.
The LexEVS 6.5.4 Installation Options identify the download files for each LexEVS environment that can be installed (Local Runtime and Distributed Services).
Forum and Support
LexEVS Issues and Discussion
Users and developers can report and discuss issues regarding the LexEVS application on its GitHub site.
What's New in LexEVS 6.5.4
Features - refer to LexEVS 6.5.4 Release Notes
LexEVS 6.5.4 Technical stack updates.
CTS2 References on this Wiki
The contribution process is described in LexEVS Community Code Contribution. LexEVS source code is in the NCIP channel of Github
Presentations, Demos, and Other Materials
Refer to LexEVS Presentations.
- Query Service with Program Examples, included in the LexEVS base installation. Both Lexical Set Operations and Graph Operations are included for common vocabulary functions using a sample vocabulary and CodedNodeSet. This is described in the LexEVS 6.x Installation Guide.
- Example Programs and Verification Test Suite, included in the LexEVS base installation. The Example Programs provide a limited interactive demonstration of LexEVS capabilities. Both are explained in the LexEVS 6.x Installation Guide.
- LexEVS Example Code zip file. These are code examples for subjects of frequently asked questions such as creating a coded node graph using the LexBIG convenience methods.
Documentation and Training
- LexEVS 6.5.4 Release Notes
- LexEVS 6.x Installation Guide - outlines the supported configurations and technical installation instructions for LexEVS Vocabulary Services
- LexEVS 6.x Administration Guide - outlines the environment configuration from the perspective of an existing installation
- LexEVS 6.x Programmer's Guide - explains the LexEVS API (services, extensions, utilities, and GUI); also many related APIs
- LexEVS 6.x Design and Architecture Guide - explains the LexGrid model and the LexBIG services
- LexEVS 6.x Value Set and Pick List Definition Guide - explains the LexEVS 6.x Value Set and Pick List Definition documentation
- LexEVS 6.x Loader Guide -- intended for a LexEVS developer and provides information about the loaders provided, mapping, and how to create your own loaders using the loader framework
- LexEVS 6.x OWL Export Guide - explains the steps necessary to export content in OWL/RDF format
- LexEVS 6.5.4 Javadocs download - has several parts to consult depending on what you are looking for. One download includes all the Javadocs.